DF Service, LLC
DF Service, LLC
26580 W. Eight Mile Rd, Southfield, MI 48033
Job Title: Design Engineer
Department: Product design and development Department
Job Code: DFSDE1172
- The purpose of this position is to function as an OE Customer Product Design/Release Engineer as part of Factory’s Supplier Integration process.
- Strong engineering skills, organizational skills and the ability to comprehend a total business situation, acting quickly, effectively, and prudently to enhance customer and Factory’s value.
- Works as a member of the New Product Development Team to develop, engineer and coordinate product designs.
- Control and verify the product design data and drawings, involves the transfer, identification and organization of all data to and from the Customer, Internal and external Suppliers as well as Factory Headquarters in China.
- Incorporate Design criteria effectively and efficiently as directed by the Design Engineering Manager and other members.
- Effectively maintain “Open issues list’ for current design activities and work in conjunction with appropriate team members to assist in reaching resolution/closure.
- Prepare Design presentations as necessary to convey key concepts, proposals, issues and recommended countermeasures to Design concerns.
- Act as liaison between necessary Factory Engineering, Accountant team and Manufacturing personnel in North America and China to ensure appropriate responses to all customer requirements during the design and pre-production stages of a customer’s new model programs.
- Assist in the Support activities for all phases of prototype, pre-production and production start-up through vehicle launch, plus 3 months.
- Regularly supports formal communications activities to both internal and external customers.
- Customers’ needs are regularly anticipated and exceeded resulting in delighting the customer and optimizing opportunities for the factory.
- Develop component level Design Drawings.
- Customer product approval systems are thoroughly understood and responded to immediately and effectively.
- Assist in professionally preparing quote packages and effectively using in depth insight into customer requirements.
- Use design analysis tools to evaluate and complete automotive component design.
- Assist in automotive product design reviews.
- Assist in the Development of manufacturing/car assembly process prior to prototype vehicle builds.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Associate in Engineering or Engineering Tech. with one + years’ experience in automotive body/component design or engineering
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) Stations (UG NX and/or CATIA V5)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have training in: FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
- Understands customer procedures and processes, customer product approval systems and purchasing procedure process and effectively works within that framework to maximize customer satisfaction
- Understands Factory’s Products, Processes, specifications and tolerances
- Must be familiar with:
- ISO/TS 16949
- PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
- MSA (Measurement System Analysis)
- APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)
- SPC (Statistical Process Control)
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job code you desired